The Bhrigu lake trek is a popular trek in Himachal Pradesh which lies in the heart of Kullu Valley. The maximum altitude during this trek is 4267 metres/14000 feet. This trek is through the high-altitude alpine meadows and woody trails tucked away in the mountains of Kullu Valley. The view around the Bhrigu lake is charming and spectacular with the lake changing colors all through the day. The Bhrigu lake has a mythical significance attached to it. As per legend, the great Bhrigu Maharishi had meditated at this lake, many hundred years ago, the lake is located about 6km from the picturesque Gulaba. The weather in summers varies from 20 – 25 degrees during day time and 5 – 7 degrees at night. During winter, the temperatures are 10- 15 degrees at daytime and -7 degrees at night. The trek not only offers superlative views of the Himalayan ranges, trekking up the highest Himalayan lush green meadows and rolling mountain slopes, but the route takes us through colorful villages, welcoming warm people and their quaint lifestyle. The Bhrigu lake trek is rated as ‘Easy’ and is suitable for beginners.
|DAY1||Manali – Gulaba Camp Site Gulaba Camp Site- Rola Kholi|
|DAY2||Rola Kholi –Via Bhrigu Lake – Pandu Ropa|
|DAY3||Pandu Ropa – Vashishth – Manali|
DAY1: Manali (2000m) - Gulaba (4000m) – Rola Kholi (3830m): Two hours’ Drive To Gulaba Village and trek 3 -4 Hours Covering 7km:
The trek begins in Manali with a drive to Gulaba village, about 22km from Manali. The first destination from Gulaba village is the Gulaba campsite, which is about 3km from the village and takes a trek of one hour to reach. The trek goes through a dense woody trail. Further, after a steady and steep climb of 20 minutes through rivulets, the team reach the vast, green meadows. This place offers astounding views of the Hanuman Tibba and other mountain ranges. We trek from Gulaba camp to Rola Kholi passing through the Kolang nallah. This place presents great views of Solang, Manali, and the seven sister peaks. The camp site here is surrounded by mountains all around, shielding the place from blustery winds. The team camps overnight at this place.
DAY2: Rola Kohli – Via Bhrigu Lake(4267m) – Pandu Ropa (3596m): The 14km Trek Takes about 7 -8 Hours
The trek to Bhrigu lake from Rola Kohli is a steep ascent. The sight of this magnificent lake even from a distance is captivating. The lake remains frozen for the most part of the year barring the summer months. The crystals of water glistening through the golden rays of the Sun, offer colorful hues during different times of the day. Alpine blossoms amidst the grassy green pastures are a sight to behold. After a stop at the Bhrigu lake, the trek makes a steady descent to Pandu Ropa. The trek is through green rice fields and beautiful meadows. The team camps out at Pandu Ropa where there will be bonfire and dinner.
DAY3: Pandu Ropa – Vashishth(2103m): The 8km Trek Takes 4hours + Drive to Manali.
Today, we trek to Vashishth from Pandu Ropa, which is one amidst awesome views. Vashishth is a place engulfed with hot water springs. The temple shrines of Lord Rama and Vashishth Maharishi are popular here. The team reaches Vashishth where we officially end the trek and proceed on their return journey to Manali.
How to Reach
How to reach by Air?
The nearest airport for Manali is Bhuntar, 50 km (Approx.) from Manali. Air India & Air Himalayas (9 Seater Non-Scheduled Flight) are having flights for Kullu
Air India having flights to Kullu from Delhi Airport & Air Himalayas operates flights from Chandigarh Airport.
How to reach by Train?
The two nearest Railway Station for Manali are at Chandigarh (350 km.) and Ambala (360 km).Onwards Journey can be traveled either by Chartered Taxis, Buses or by Air as Himalayan Bulls a private 8 seater charter is available between Chandigarh & Kullu.
How to reach by Road?
There are many Volvo buses running from Delhi and Chandigarh daily. Delhi to Manali buses is available from RK Ashram Marg as well as ISBT Kashmiri gate. Chandigarh to Manali buses is available from Sector 43 Bus Stand.
|Delhi to Manali||585 km||14 Hrs|
|Chandigarh to Manali||350 Km||8-10 Hrs|
|Ambala to Manali||360 Km||8-10 Hrs|
|Shimla to Manali||270 km||7-8 Hrs|
Advisory for the Trek
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
Tariff and Details
COST / PERSON :- INR 5800 + 5% GST (MANALI TO MANALI)
- Accommodation costs for triple sharing stay in camps cost of sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced guides and support staff.
- First-aid treatment/facilities.
- The cost of meals provided all through the trek.
- All costs of helpers, porters, and the mule costs used for transporting equipment all through the trek.
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Transport from Manali and back.
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Any other cost of other equipment other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Cost of porters / Mules for personal baggage.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is a prerequisite.
- Sun Screen lotion, small torch, sunglasses, cap, t-Shirts, loose trousers.
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Personal medicines if required.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Backpack (Min 55 Liters) with Rain Cover.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Two Pair of Socks.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Light towel.
- Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund
- In the case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.