Dayara Bugyal trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Uttarakhand with beautiful valleys with streams of water running across high altitude meadows and vivid flora and fauna and is a perfect choice for beginners as the trek route is easy to traverse. The trek starts from Barsu a small village which is also the base camp for the trek. For nature photographers, Dayara Bugyal offers opportunities to capture some amazing pictures as the trek is packed with some amazing grasslands, meadows, beautiful flora and fauna and shepherds grazing cattle.
|Day1||Haridwar - Barsu (Drive 210km)|
|Day2||Barsu - Barnala Bugyal|
|Day3||Barnala - Dayara Bugyal|
|Day4||Dayara Bugyal - Bakaria top and back|
|Day5||Dayara Bugyal - Barsu / Barsu to Haridwar|
Day1: Haridwar to Barsu
Drive from Haridwar to Barsu (210km) will take around 6-7 hours along the Bhagirathi river via Rishikesh. Arrive at Barsu which is the start point of the trek. We will camp at Bugyal Sarai and you will have a day to explore the culture and the tradition of villagers living in this part of the world. Basic supplies for the trek can be procured in the village
Day2: Barsu – Barnala Bugyal 4km
Today we will trek from Barsu to Barnala lake at 2700m which is around 5 km. Lunch will be served en route. The route is covered with a thickly wooded forest of Oak and Rhododendrons. Explore the pristine Barnala Lake surrounded by Oak trees. Camp at Barnala with dinner and bonfire and near the lake.
Day3: Barnala to Dayara Bugyal
Start the day with breakfast and hike towards Dayara Bugyal which will take around 3to4 hours. With steeper trails, the hike leads to Dayara Bugyal, wide stretch of meadows and grazing cattle. Spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoy walking around the meadows.
Day4: Dayara Bugyal to Bakaria top and back
Today we trek to the point called Bakaria Top for some exquisite 360-degree view of the Bugyal, the Gangotri range of peaks and the Bandarpoonch Peak. We will descend and camp at Dayara Bugyal before sunset.
Day5: Dayara Bugyal to Barsu / Barsu to Haridwar
After an early breakfast, we will trek back to Barsu village and it may only take around 3 to 4hours and from there you can either stay at Barsu for the night and rest or can go back to Haridwar.
How to Reach
Daily flights from Delhi to Dehradun (Jolly Grand Airport) which is around 50kms from Haridwar.
An excellent rail network connects Haridwar to other important cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Chennai, and Kolkata.
FROM DELHI -DDN NZM AC EXPRESS (12205) ARRIVAL AT 4 AM HARIDWAR JN
FROM DELHI- MUSSOORIE EXPRESS (14041) ARRIVAL AT6AM HARIDWAR JN
FROM MUMBAI- DEHRADUN EXPRESS (19019) ARRIVAL AT 3.20 PM HARIDWAR JN
FROM CHENNAI- DEHRADUN EXPRESS (12687) ARRIVAL AT 3.15 AM HARIDWAR JN
Advisory for the Trek
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- All transport will be arranged from Haridwar to Barsu and back with addition charges of 1200 each which will be paid to the transporter directly.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
Tariff and Details
COST/PERSON:- INR 6800 + 5% GST (Barsu to Barsu)
- Accommodation costs (camping) sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced trek leaders, Guide, support staff
- First-aid treatment/facilities
- All meals during the trek (veg and egg)
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ropes etc.)
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Stay and food during transit
- Porters or mules for personal luggage.
- Transport to and from Haridwar.
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is a prerequisite.
- Sun Screen lotion, small torch, sunglasses, cap, t-Shirts, loose trousers.
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Personal medicines if required.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Backpack (Min 55 Liters) with Rain Cover.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Two Pair of Socks.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Light towel.
- Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at email@example.com and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.