The Hampta Pass Trek begins in Manali. This adventure trail to Hampta pass from Manali is exciting as it leads to enthralling meadows and green valleys. This trek across the river Rani, further leads to Chika, Balu ka Ghera, and Shea Gahru, through a stretch of tall forests of oak and alpine offering a totally spectacular view of the valley.
These valleys are also home to abundant flora, speckled with colorful orchids and sprawling mountainous slopes of Himalayan cedar. The trek from Manali to Hampta pass is rated easy to moderate on the difficulty scale and is recommended for most beginners and experienced trekkers, alike.
This trek promises a thrilling and rousing adventure, spanning over 4 days. The most favorable time of the year, for the Hampta trek, are, the months of May and June when the route is covered in snow.This is a trek for 4days covering Hampta pass circuit. The main highlight is trekking on snow and open from early May.
Day1: Drive from Manali to Jobri and Trek starts from Jobri to Chika (approx. 2hours). Overnight stay in camps at Chika.
Day2: Trek from Chika to Balu Ka Ghera (5-6 hours approx.) Stay in camps at Balu Ka Ghera.
Day3: Trek from Balu Ka Ghera to Hampta Pass and return to Balu Ka Ghera (7 hours approx.)
Day4: Trek from Balu Ka Ghera to Jobri (4-5 hours approx.) – Drive back to Manali. Tour ends.
DAY 1: MANALI (2000M) – JOBRI(2707M) – CHIKHA(3000M) – Drive from MANALI To JOBRI Where the trek begins.
Today we will drive to Jobri from Manali, which takes 45-minute. Since Jobri is at a height of 2707 M, at times, some of the beginners might experience mountain sickness. Necessary precautions and medication prior to travel could also be advised for beginners. Also, keeping oneself well hydrated is advised. Jobri is a place known for natural beauty lined by woody trails of maple, oak and deodar trees. A great view of the Rani Nallah flowing through the lush green meadows is a welcome sight to the trekkers here. From Jobri, the team begins the trek to reach Chikha, which takes about 2 hours. Chikha is known to be surrounded by glorious grasslands all around. Speckled by wild flowers, these grasslands offer a pleasant view. This is where, the trek team camp by night on the first day of the trek.
DAY 2: CHIKHA – BALU KA GHERA (3600M) – The trek to BALU KA GHERA From CHIKHA will take about 4 to 5 hours:
In the morning after breakfast, we will commence their onward journey from Chikha. They finally reach Balu ka Ghera in 4 to 5 hours. This place which is at an altitude of 3600m offers picturesque views of the Dauladhar range and the many majestic snow-capped peaks. We will stay at the camping site at Balu ka Ghera overnight.
DAY 3: BALU KA GHERA – HAMPTA PASS (4300M) – BALU KA GHERA– (6 TO 7 HOURS)
Early morning after breakfast, we prepares on a long hike, with their destination being the Hampta Pass at 4300m. This is perhaps the most challenging and exciting day of the trek. Finally, on reaching atop the Hampta Pass, the team feel triumphant, having reached their first high altitude pass(4300m). The amazing views of the Chandra valley and the awesomely beautiful barren mountains of Lahaul and Spiti present a spectacular sight here. They also get a glimpse of the lofty peaks of Deo Tibba and the Indrasan. The team further proceeds on a downhill journey back to Balu Ka Ghera, from Hampta Pass to our camping site.
DAY 4: BALU KA GHERA (3600M) – JOBRI (4 HOURS) – Drive back to MANALI
The trek team begin their onward trek Balu ka Ghera back to Jobri which will take around 4-5 hours. After reaching Jobri you can drive back to Manali where your tour ends.
How to Reach
How to reach by Air?
The nearest airport for Manali is Bhuntar, 50 km (Approx.) from Manali. Air India & Air Himalayas (9 Seater Non-Scheduled Flight) are having flights for Kullu. Air India having flights to Kullu from Delhi Airport & Air Himalayas operates flights from Chandigarh Airport.
How to reach by Train?
The two nearest Railway Station for Manali are at Chandigarh (350 km.) and Ambala (360 km).
Onwards Journey can be traveled either by Chartered Taxis, Buses or by Air as Himalayan Bulls a private 8 seater charter is available between Chandigarh & Kullu.
How to reach by Road?
You can also reach Manali by road. There are many Volvo buses running from Delhi and Chandigarh daily. Delhi to Manali buses is available from RK Ashram Marg as well as ISBT Kashmiri gate. Chandigarh to Manali Buses is available from Sector 43 Bus Stand.
Delhi to Manali
Chandigarh to Manali
Ambala to Manali
Shimla to Manali
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- All transport will be arranged from Manali to Manali is included in the trek.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
Tariff and Details
COST / PERSON :- INR 5500+ 5% GST (Manali to Manali)
- Accommodation costs (camping) sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced trek leaders, Guide, support staff
- First aid treatment/facilities
- All meals during the trek(veg and egg)
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Transportation from Manali to Jobri and back to Manali.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ropes etc.)
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Stay and food at Manali or food during transit
- Porters or mules for personal luggage.
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at email@example.com and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.