Kedarkantha trek is a winters trek through the remote forests covered with pine, maple, and Rhododendron trees in the state of Uttarakhand. It starts at Sankri a remote village around 200 kms from Dehradun. It is most sought after winter treks because of the landscape and majorly for snow which makes it a delight for trekkers. At 12000ft the Kedarkantha trek offers you the best setting for a winter trek with some amazing view of the mountain peaks and pine and maple trees in the surrounding and walking on snow covered trails. This five-day trek is a perfect trek for all especially for beginners who love the winters and snow. With a little bit of fitness and positive spirit jump in with Adventurescape for the trek of your lifetime.
|Day1||Dehradun – Sankri (Drive 200km approx. 8hours)|
|Day2||Sankri – Juda Ka Talab|
|Day3||Juda ka Talab – Kedarkantha base|
|Day4||Kedarkantha base camp – Kedarkantha peak - Kedarkantha base|
|Day5||Kedarkantha base camp – Sankri|
|Day6||Sankri – Dehradun (Drive back)|
Day1: Dehradun – Sankri (Drive 200km approx. 8hours)
Today we start our journey from Dehradun railway station early morning at 7 am and the journey will be through Mussoorie and all the way to Sankri the start point of the trek. The drive is an amazing one as it will take you through Kempty falls in Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola, Mori along the Tons river and finally will arrive at Sankri. Transport will be arranged and you can check in a guest house in Sankri. Dinner and early retirement for the day as you must get up early for the trek next day.
Day2: Sankri – Juda Ka Talab
We start our trek from Sankri after breakfast to Juda ka Talab which is 4 km at an altitude of around 9000ft. We will be camping near a pond and the surroundings covered with oak and pine trees which make it an amazing location for camping. The trek will take 4 to 5 hours to reach. Camp and enjoy the day with nature and the beautiful view of the mountains.
Day3: Juda ka Talab – Kedarkantha base
After breakfast, we will move steadily towards Kedarkantha Basecamp which is at 11000ft and will take around 3 to 4 hours to reach. Today the trek will be mostly through pine and oak trees. On the way, you can also find shepherd huts.
Day4: Kedarkantha base camp – Kedarkantha peak - Kedarkantha base
Today we will trek to Kedarkantha Summit peak after an early breakfast which will take around 4 hours. The peak will give you a view of all the snow-clad mountain ranges of the state of Uttarakhand. Enjoy the view and rest for a while and have lunch before we trek back to base camp by evening.
Day5: Kedarkantha base camp – Sankri
We trek back to Sankri 6000ft from Kedarkantha base camp 9000ft today which will take around 6hours. The trail is covered with pine and oak trees with the snow clad mountains. Reach Sankri which will commence the trek. Take home the beautiful and amazing memories of the trek.
Day6: Sankri – Dehradun (Drive back)
Drive back from Sankri to Dehradun will take around 10 hours which is around 200km.
How to Reach
Dehradun’s airport is the Jolly Grant Airport, which is located 20 km away from the city Centre. Air India, Jet Airways, Jet Connect and Spice Jet have regular flights to Dehradun. Taxis, buses govt are available to Sankri the starting point of the trek.
Dehradun is connected by train services to cities Delhi, Lucknow, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ujjain, Chennai, and Varanasi. Dehradun is connected to the rest of the country by trains such as the Shatabdi Express, Jan Shatabdi Express, Dehradun AC Express, Doon Express, Bandra Express and the Amritsar-Dehradun Express among others.
Take an overnight train to Dehradun to reach Dehradun Railway station where there is a pick to Sankri at 7 am which will drop you at Sankri by evening.
You will find plenty of buses from Delhi Kashmere gate ISBT to Dehradun ISBT daily
Advisory for the Trek
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- All transport will be arranged from Dehradun to Sankri and back with addition charges of 1100 each which will be paid to the transporter directly.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
Tariff and Details
COST/PERSON:- INR 8000 +5% GST (Sankri to Sankri)
- Accommodation costs (camping) sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced trek leaders, Guide, support staff
- First aid treatment/facilities
- All meals during the trek (veg and egg)
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ropes etc.)
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Meals during transit
- Porters or mules for personal luggage.
- Transport to and from the base camp. Transport cost from Dehradun to Sankri and return is additional.
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Lip Balm.
- Light towel.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Pair of Socks.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Backpack (Min 55 Liters) with Rain Cover.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Personal medicines if required.
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Sun Screen lotion, small torch, sunglasses, cap, t-Shirts, loose trousers.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is a prerequisite.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.