Himachal Pradesh is a state surrounded by the mighty Himalayan range and endowed with an alluring natural beauty. It is also home to many popular trek destinations in India. The Malana trek is one that takes you through some of these green ranges, gurgling rivers, and lush valleys. This trek begins at Manali, ending at Malana, spanning over a 4-day duration. This trek takes you through Rumsu Thach and Nauya Tapru, beneath the Chanderkhani Pass and then to the Malana village, which also has a special place, etched in the eons of History, since the Pre-Aryan period.
|DAY 1||: Manali – Naggar Castle/Roerich Art Gallery – Rumsu/Pulag (Drive and Basecamp)|
|DAY 2||: Pulag to Chaklani (Trek and overnight camp)|
: Chaklani via Chandrakhani to Nagruni Thatch (Trek and Overnight Camp)
|DAY 4||: Nagruni Thatch – Malana Dam (Trek and stay)|
|Day 5||: Malana Dam – Kasol Drop (Drive and Return)|
Day 1: Manali – Naggar Castle/Roerich Art Gallery – Rumsu/Pulag (Drive and Basecamp)
We begin our journey with an exciting drive from Manali to reach Naggar, a silent village that presents a breathtaking view of the mountains. Naggar is a famous location for adventure activities and historic landmarks. We will visit Naggar Castle, an ancient building that was built with medieval stone and wood mansion that is now operating as a heritage hotel. Another significant spot is the Nicholas Roerich Art Gallery, which is a house of a reputed artist, Prof. Late Nicholas Roerich. We will then reach our base-camp, Pulag via Rumsu.
Day 2: Pulag to Chaklani (Trek and overnight camp)
The trek begins early with a breath of fresh air in the morning from Pulag, a beautiful village. We will trek through alpine jungles and water streams which requires a moderate fitness level. Along with our team, we will trek for about 5 hours to reach a stunning peak, Chaklani. The peak is at 1120 feet altitude and gives an amazing view of the mountain. We camp overnight at Chaklani for dinner and rest.
Day 3: Chaklani via Chandrakhani to Nagruni Thatch (Trek and Overnight Camp)
After breakfast, we begin to trek from Chaklani and go through Chandrakhani Pass for about two hours. If we are fortunate, we can see the snow that surrounds the meadows. We then reach a gorgeous peak called Nagruni Thatch which is at an altitude of about 3600 metres. Nagruni Thatch is a beautiful alpine meadow where will be camp overnight. Breathe fresh air, cook dinner and do not forget to capture lovely moments with your friends in the peak.
Day 4: Nagruni Thatch – Malana Dam (Trek and stay)
We begin to trek from Nagruni Thatch and descend to the Malana, an ancient isolated village in Himachal. With few hours of an easy trek through the forest, we reach the river Malana that is surrounded by mesmerising and beautiful mountains. The trek is easy and we pass through fields of the Cannabis plant. We will visit the Malana Dam and camp in the ancient village.
Day 5: Malana Dam – Kasol Drop (Drive and Return)
We will drive from Malana for about one hour to reach Kasol, a small village with polite people. Situated on the banks of the Parvati River, Kasol is known for its natural beauty and delicious food the village offers. We can see the snow clad Himalayas and the verdant landscape in this place which adds beauty to the adventure. With an unforgettable experience and memories, we drop the team at Kasol where the trek ends.
How to Reach
How to reach by Air?
The nearest airport for Manali is Bhuntar, 50 km (Approx.) from Manali. Air India & Air Himalayas (9 Seater Non-Scheduled Flight) are having flights for Kullu
Air India having flights to Kullu from Delhi Airport & Air Himalayas operates flights from Chandigarh Airport.
How to reach by Train?
The two nearest Railway Station for Manali are at Chandigarh (350 km.) and Ambala (360 km).Onwards Journey can be traveled either by Chartered Taxis, Buses or by Air as Himalayan Bulls a private 8 seater charter is available between Chandigarh & Kullu.
How to reach by Road?
There are many Volvo buses running from Delhi and Chandigarh daily. Delhi to Manali buses is available from RK Ashram Marg as well as ISBT Kashmiri gate. Chandigarh to Manali buses is available from Sector 43 Bus Stand.
Delhi to Manali
|585 km||14 Hrs|
Chandigarh to Manali
|350 Km||8-10 Hrs|
Ambala to Manali
|360 Km||8-10 Hrs|
|Shimla to Manali||270 km||
Advisory for trek:-
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
Tariff and Details
COST / PERSON :- INR 10000 + 5 % GST (MANALI TO BHUNTAR)
- Accommodation costs (camping) sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced trek leaders, Guide, support staff
- First-aid treatment/facilities
- All meals during the trek(veg and egg)
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Transportation from Manali to Naggar and Jari to Bhuntar.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ropes etc.)
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Stay and food at Manali or food during transit
- Porters or mules for personal luggage.
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is a prerequisite.
- Sun Screen lotion, small torch, sunglasses, cap, t-Shirts, loose trousers.
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Personal medicines if required.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Backpack (Min 55 Liters) with Rain Cover.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Two Pair of Socks.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Light towel.
- Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In the case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.