Nag Tibba is a relatively easy trek near Mussoorie with a maximum altitude of 9910 ft. This trek lies in the Garhwal region of the mighty Himalayas. It is considered as a weekend getaway trek as it is short and best suited for people with limited time. The trek takes you through thick Deodar forests with the chirping of birds in the background and the amazing view of the Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak to name a few. This trek is a moderately easy trek which is done during the winter season with temperatures of maximum 23 degrees to as low as -2 degrees. Pack your bags and join Adventurescape for a fun filled trekking expedition of the Himalayas.
|Day1||Dehradun – Panthwari – Nag Tibba temple Base camp|
|Day2||Nag Temple base camp – Nag Tibba top and back to base camp|
|Day3||Base camp – Panthwari – Drive to Dehradun|
Day1: Dehradun – Panthwari – Nag Tibba temple Base camp
Arrive at Dehradun by 6.30 am and will start our journey to Panthwari (4640 ft.) via Mussoorie which is 85km from Dehradun. The trek starts at Panthwari and takes you to Nag Tibba temple base Camp where you can relax and stay overnight in camps. Bonfire and dinner in tents.
Day2: Nag Temple Base camp -Nag Tibba top and back to base camp
Early morning wake up to the chirping of birds and breakfast and set out for the day’s trek to Nag Tibba peak (3084m) with the view of the Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak to name a few. Enjoy the day exploring the surroundings and the beautiful view of the peaks. After lunch descend to our base camp for overnight stay and dinner.
Day3: Base camp – Panthwari – Drive to Dehradun
Today we will start our journey back to Panthwari village after breakfast and from there drive to Dehradun. You can subsequently take the train or bus from Dehradun for your return journey home.
How to Reach
Dehradun’s airport is the Jolly Grant Airport, which is located 20 km away from the city Centre. Air India, Jet Airways, Jet Connect and Spice Jet have regular flights to Dehradun. Taxis, buses govt are available to Sankri the starting point of the trek.
Dehradun is connected by train services to cities Delhi, Lucknow, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ujjain, Chennai, and Varanasi. Dehradun is connected to the rest of the country by trains such as the Shatabdi Express, Jan Shatabdi Express, Dehradun AC Express, Doon Express, Bandra Express and the Amritsar-Dehradun Express among others.
Take an overnight train to Dehradun to reach Dehradun Railway station where there is a pick to Sankri at 7 am which will drop you at Sankri by evening.
You will find plenty of buses from Delhi Kashmere gate ISBT to Dehradun ISBT daily
Advisory for the Trek
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
Tariff and Details
COST/ PERSON: INR 5000+5% GST (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Accommodation on the trek. (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Transport from Dehradun to Pantwari and return.
- Trekking permits
- Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent and utensils)
- First aid medical kits
- Mountaineering qualified trek leader and support staff.
- Mules to carry central equipment.
- Meals during the transit.
- Any personal expenses.
- Mules to carry personal luggage.
- Anything which is not specifically mentioned under the head inclusion.
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Lip Balm.
- Light towel.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Two pair of Socks.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Backpack (Min 55 Liters) with Rain Cover.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Personal medicines if required.
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Sun Screen lotion, small torch, sunglasses, cap, t-Shirts, loose trousers.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is a prerequisite.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at email@example.com and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.