The Pin Parvati trek is an advanced level eleven day journey over which you meet 4 different valleys; the Parvati, Pin, Rampur, and the Spiti valley! But this is not all. Magnificent views of enormous glaciers on one hand and flowery meadows on the other are a sight for sore eyes any day! The Pin Parvati pass connects the luscious green Parvati valley of Kullu and the snowclad rocky Pin valley of Spiti rating the trek as most beautiful among all Spiti treks! We warn you, this 100 km trek needs high trekking skills and a thorough preparation beforehand. Our excellent trekking guide is sure to assist you wherever required. Do not miss this most thrilling adventure over serene woods, snow-clads peaks, barrens rocky trails and a wonderful mixture of steep slopes and graduals climbs.
|DAY1||Manali – Manikaran then to Barshaini Kalga (2200m) 5-6 hrs|
|DAY2||Kalga to Kheer Ganga (2850m) 4hrs.|
|DAY3||Kheer Ganga to Tunda Bhuz (3200m) 5hrs.|
|DAY4||Thunda Bhuz to Thakur Kuan (3400m) 5hrs.|
|DAY5||Thakur Kuan to Mantalaie Lake (4074m) 5hrs|
|DAY6||Mantalaie to Base camp of Pin Parvati Pass (4500m) 6hrs|
|DAY7||Base camp to Cross the Pin Parvati Pass (5319m) to the other side of the base camp (4500mts.) 6 hrs.|
|DAY8||Base camp to Ghurgul (4000m) 4hrs|
|DAY9||Ghurgul to Mud (3600m) 4hrs.|
|DAY10||Mud to Sagnam (3753m) Then to Kaza (3810m) 6 hrs|
|DAY11||Kaza to Manali. 9hrs|
DAY 1: Manali – Manikaran then to Barshaini Kalga (2200mts.) 5-6 hrs.
From Manali, we drive 90 km to Manikaran popular in Himachal for hot springs. Another 7 km drive to Barshaini hamlet situated among lush pine forests serves as our commencing point of the trek. We then embark upon a short trek (30mins) to Rudranath base camp in Kalga village, a small clearing in the thick pine forest, through the misty and heavily wooded virgin forests of the Kullu valley. Stay overnight in tents.
DAY 2: Kalga to Kheer Ganga (2850 mts) 4hrs.
An enormous landscape of thick woodland slides into view trailing through the forest to Kheerganga. A most pleasant walk, today’s trek leads you beautiful sights of river Parvati and its pass. Halt and relax at a small temple of lord Shiva and a bathing tank. Half an hour walk and you can locate the campsite 10 mins away downhill. Outdoorsy meal and stay in camp.
DAY 3: Kheer Ganga to Tunda Bhuz (3200 mts) 5hrs.
Today’s trek is a relatively taxing climb uphill but with equally enjoyable views of the Parvati and surrounding meadows. The trek is covered with trees of pine and is heavily wooded. Tunda Bhuz is the upper limit for the pine forest and there are abundance of Bhuz (Birch) trees. Camp at a lush green campsite.
DAY 4: Thunda Bhuz to Thakur Kuan (3400mts) 5hrs.
This is a challenging day of the trek because the trek is steep and difficult in some section close to Thakur Kuan. This area lies within the Kanawar wildlife sanctuary and one may cross small Himalayan brown ears at lower altitude and wild sheep or snow leopards in high altitude. Several short and long bridges across the way along rocky meadows and grazing grounds. After crossing the Pandu bridge we arrive at the campsite.
DAY 5: Thakur Kuan to Mantalaie Lake (4074mts) 5hrs.
Trek to Mantalaie lake through the flower-speckled grasslands with an abundance of quartz and semi-precious gems. Witness magnificence of the Mantalaie Range and several glaciers along the trail. We reach the campsite near the lake and stay overnight in tents.
DAY 6: Mantalaie to Base camp of Pin Parvati Pass (4500mts) 6hrs.
Trekking over glaciers and loose slopes is challenging. There is a beautiful grassy campsite. Acclimatize to weather and height and rest at the base camp.
DAY 7: Base camp to Cross the Pin Parvati Pass (5319mts) to the other side of the base camp (4500mts.) 6 hrs.
This pass is difficult to trek and snow fields make it more challenging. Take necessary precautions at this section of the journey as the crevasses may not be easily visible.
After the pass descends over steep slopes to reach your first camp in Pin valley.
DAY 8: Base camp to Ghurgul (4000mts) 4hrs.
A short walk after crossing the spectacular Pin Parvati valley end to end surrounded by high snow clad mountain peaks leads to a little hamlet habited by the Gompa community. Continuing towards Rampur valley we reach the Wichkurung Thatch. Overnight camp at a grassy campsite.
DAY 9: Ghurgul to Mud (3600mts) 4hrs.
Today we land at the first village in Spiti valley. A village which is one of its kind and is set a below a cliff and inhabitant by simple folk of Tibetan stock. A high rocky terrain around the village appears striking. This is the last night of the trek.
DAY 10: Mud to Sagnam (3753mts) Then to Kaza ((3810mts) 6 hrs.
We trek from Mud to Sagnam and reach the largest village in the Pin valley. From Sagnam you will be picked up by our jeep and drive to Kaza.
DAY 11: Kaza to Manali. 9hrs.
Drive from Kaza to Manali over the Kunzum pass (4530mts) or stay in Kaza and explore the Spiti Valley for a few days.
How to Reach
How to reach by Air?
The nearest airport for Manali is Bhuntar, 50 km (Approx.) from Manali. Air India & Air Himalayas (9 Seater Non-Scheduled Flight) are having flights for Kullu. Air India having flights to Kullu from Delhi Airport & Air Himalayas operates flights from Chandigarh Airport.
How to reach by Train?
The two nearest Railway Station for Manali are at Chandigarh (350 km.) and Ambala (360 km).
Onwards Journey can be traveled either by Chartered Taxis, Buses or by Air as Himalayan Bulls a private 8 seater charter is available between Chandigarh & Kullu.
How to reach by Road?
You can also reach Manali by road. There are many Volvo buses running from Delhi and Chandigarh daily. Delhi to Manali buses is available from RK Ashram Marg as well as ISBT Kashmiri gate. Chandigarh to Manali Buses is available from Sector 43 Bus Stand.
|Delhi to Manali||585 km||14 Hrs|
|Chandigarh to Manali||350 Km||8-10 Hrs|
|Ambala to Manali||360 Km||8-10 Hrs|
|Shimla to Manali||270 km||7-8 Hrs|
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- All transport will be arranged from Manali to Manali is included in the trek.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
Tariff and Details
COST/PERSON: - INR 25000 + 5 % GST (Manali to Manali)
- Accommodation costs (camping) sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced trek leaders, Guide, support staff
- First-aid treatment/facilities
- All meals during the trek (veg and egg)
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Transportation from Manali or Bhuntar to Barshaini and Kaza to Manali.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ropes etc.)
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Stay and food at Manali or food during transit
- Porters or mules for personal luggage.
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is prerequisite (waterproof)
- Small torch
- Sunglasses, cap
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Personal medicines if required.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Backpack with Rain Cover.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Two pairs of socks.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Light towel.
- Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In the case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.