The Tosh valley trek begins in Kasol, a small village in Himachal and ends at Barsheni, which is about 2 hours’ drive from Bhuntar, on way to Manali, the popular hill resort of Himachal. This trek is rated as moderately challenging. Kasol is a small village, located on the way to Manikaran, in Parvati valley, situated on the banks of river Parvati which is the starting point of the trek is a very popular destination for backpackers. The maximum altitude during the trek is 4560metres. The temperature stays between 2 to 7 degrees centigrade throughout the trek and drops to freezing during winters. The best duration for Tosh valley trek is between Mid- May up to September.
|DAY1||Arrival in Kasol(1580m)|
|DAY2||Ride to Tosh (2400m) –Tosh to Buddhaban (3020m)|
|DAY3||Buddhaban To Sharam Thach(3505m)|
|DAY4||Sharam Thach – Shamshi Thach(3800m)|
|DAY5||Exploring Shamshi Thach|
|DAY6||Shamshi Thach – Barsheni: (3020m)|
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN KASOL(1580M) or MANIKARAN (1760M):
The team arrives in Kasol/Manikaran. Kasol is surrounded by scenic hilltops. At Kasol, travelers could indulge in exploring the place or some river-rafting on the Parvati river. Further, from here, trekkers reach Manikaran, which is known for the Manikaran Gurudwara Sahib, a much sought after pilgrimage destination for the Sikhs. Manikaran, located on the banks of river Parvati, is a 20-minute drive from Kasol. This place is also known for a refreshing hot water spring. Stay at Kasol/Manikaran overnight and there are quite a few places for good accommodation here.
DAY 2: RIDE to TOSH (2400M) –Trek to BUDDHABAN (3020M):
After breakfast ride from Manikaran to Tosh via Barsheni. The route offers views of great landscapes. The trek journey begins with an uphill climb from Tosh with the view of Parvati valley dam and pine forests throughout the trek. The team proceeds from Tosh and reaches Buddhaban, where they camp overnight.
DAY 3: BUDDHABAN to SHARAM THACH(3505M): TOTAL TREK TIME of 7HOURS:
The day 3 begins with the team prepared to continue a long trek from Buddhaban. This place offers beautiful views of green meadows and patches of rhododendron up until they reach Sharam Thach. The trek trail runs along the river Tosh via some clear water cascades flowing down the mountains. The team camp out here after a long trek.
DAY4: SHARAM THACH – SHAMSHI THACH(3800M): TOTAL TREK TIME OF 4 - 5 HOURS:
The trek from Sharam Thach to Shamshi Thach continues amidst gurgling waters of the Tosh river and snow patches along the way. The team reaches Shamshi Thach following a brief descent. The small village of Shamshi Thach is nestled at the valley base. The Tosh glacier is located to the North of this place and the Kullu Makalu peak, to the South of Shamshi Thach. The trekkers camp overnight at this place.
DAY5: EXPLORING SHAMSHI THACH: Spend the Day Viewing and Exploring Shamshi Thach:
The day is spent at Shamshi Thach, strolling around this awesome little hamlet and its environs. The superlative views of the Tosh glacier are spell-binding. This is the source of the Tosh river. The trekkers have the option of walking up to the ‘Animal Pass’ or the Tosh glacier, for some leisurely trek time. The brief trek up to the Tosh glacier takes around 5 hours’ time from the team camp. Trekkers are treated to great views of the Dharamsura and Papsura mountains at this place. The trekkers stay at Shamshi Thach overnight.
DAY6: SHAMSHI THACH – Barsheni: (3020M): THE DURATION OF THE TREK IS ABOUT 5-6 HOURS:
On day 6, the trek team prepares to leave Shamshi Thach, proceeding on a descent, that takes them back to Buddhaban village on their return to Barsheni, where the trek began. This marks the end of the trek. Ride back from Barsheni to Kasol or Bhuntar.
How to Reach
How to reach by Road?
The trek begins at Kasol, which can be reached by a cab from Bhuntar, at 50 km will take around 2 hours. Trekkers and travelers to Kasol can take the overnight Volvo bus from Delhi to Manali, getting off at Bhuntar which is 40km before Manali.
How to reach by Air?
Bhuntar airport situated at Bhuntar which is 50 km from Kasol which is the starting point of the trek. Very few flights fly to this airport.
AN ADVISORY FOR TREK TRAVEL:
- Note that it is always safe and convenient to travel in groups on a trek.
- Trekkers are requested to follow a proper waste disposal policy.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
- Trek travelers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
Tariff and Details
COST / PERSON: -INR 11800+ 5 % GST (BHUNTAR TO BHUNTAR)
- Accommodation costs (camping) sleeping bags, with roll on mattresses and the pantry/kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Qualified and experienced trek leaders, Guide, support staff
- First-aid treatment/facilities
- All meals during the trek(veg and egg)
- Any of the permit charges, forest entry fee and camping charges.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ropes etc.)
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Stay and food at Haridwar or food during transit
- Porters or mules for personal luggage
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is prerequisite (waterproof)
- Small torch
- Sunglasses, cap
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Personal medicines if required.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Backpack with Rain Cover.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Two pairs of socks.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Light towel.
- Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In the case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.