The most sought-after beautiful trek in the Dhauladhar ranges of Dharamshala it has the perfect view of the Dhauladhar mountains on one side and Kangra valley on the other. Triund is a very popular trekking and camping place with a lot of travelers every year from all over the world. Triund trek is a beautiful 18km trek which can be easily accomplished by almost all age groups. Triund has an unambiguous byway which goes through a beautiful mixed forest of oak, deodar, and rhododendron. Trek is fairly easy for the first 5 km but the last one kilometer may require a bit of toil, the last one kilometer is popularly known as the “22 curves” as it has 22 tiring curves before you finally reach Triund. Along the way, there are many small cafes like Magic View, Scenic View, and Snowline Café. where one can refresh during the hike.
|Day 0||Arrive Dharamsala|
|Day 1||Mecleodganj - Triund(2875m), 9 km, 5 hours walk|
|Day 2||Triund- -Khabrotu- Snowline(3200m)- Back to Triund 8 km, 5-6 hours’ walk|
|Day 3||Triund- Mecleodganj 4 hours walk|
Day 0: Arrive Dharamsala
Day 1: On Trek: Mecleodganj - Triund(2875m), 9 km, 5 hours walk Camp at Triund Meadow
You start your trek from Mecleodganj towards Triund which is steep ascent through the mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees. Triund is an alpine meadow on top of a plateau with a superb close view of the snow covered peaks of Dhauladhar on one side and Kangra valley on the other. Camp here for overnight stay.
Day 02: Triund- -Khabrotu- Snowline(3200m)- Back to Triund 8 km, 5-6 hours’ walk
After breakfast, we start walking towards Laka got. We traverse a small ridge along the glacial moraine to reach Khabrotu from where we have a closer view of the peaks of Dhauladhar range. Walk down to Laka Glacier. The glacier remains full of snow from March to May and then starts to recede. Spend some time at Laka Glacier and then walk back to Triund for an overnight stay in tents.
Day 03: Triund- Mecleodganj 4 hours walk
After breakfast at Triund and walk down to Mecleodganj. Trek Ends at Mecleodganj
How to Reach
How to Reach Mcleodganj by Air
Gaggal Airport is the nearest airport to Mcleodganj which is 10 km from Dharamshala. However, very limited flights of few airlines serve Mcleodganj. Therefore, Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, serves as the nearest and major airport to Mcleodganj. One can board a flight to Delhi and then travel to Mcleodganj by private or government buses which run daily or you can take a taxi which will take around 6-7 hours to reach.
How to Reach Mcleodganj by Road
The number of state government and private buses connects Mcleodganj with various cities of north India like Delhi, Chandigarh, Dharamshala etc. daily and will take around 7 hours to reach. Passengers can easily avail these buses till Mcleodganj bus stand and then hire a taxi to reach anywhere in the town.
How to Reach Mcleodganj by Rail
Pathankot Railway Station located around 90 km away serves as the nearest railhead to Mcleodganj. Passengers can avail trains that ply between Delhi and Jammu to reach Mcleodganj. Plenty of trains are available on this route, so one can choose as per his/her budget and convenience. Taxis and buses available outside the station can be hired to reach Mcleodganj.
Advisory for the trek:
- It is advisable to keep a buffer day for unpredictable weather /road conditions in the mountains.
- Please do not litter and avoid bringing plastic bags for the trek.
- Please inform us in advance if you want porter for your personal baggage. Additional charges will be levied.
- During trek travel through the local villages and hamlets, respect towards the local cultural ethos must be adhered to.
- Trekkers must exhibit kindness and sensitivity towards all animals that they stumble upon during the trek.
Tariff and Details
COST / PERSON: - INR 3500 + 5% GST
- Two-night accommodation at Triund in trekking style tents on
- 2/3/4 sharing with sleeping bags, roll mattress, kitchen facility, Toilet in open nature as forest government banned to dig this meadow and pitch the dry toilet tents.
- Trekking guide for 03 days and a cook at Triund.
- Normal Drinking water during the trek.
- All vegetarian meals during the tour starting with Lunch on day 01 Breakfast on day 03.
- The trek cost does not include any train fare or air fare charges
- Porters or mules for personal luggage
- Any cost other than those that are listed above in the inclusions should be entirely borne by the trekkers.
- Day Sack for a water bottle, camera, personal clothing.
- Windcheater/waterproof jacket.
- Fleece innerwear.
- Sports/ hiking Shoes. Comfort is prerequisite (waterproof)
- Small torch
- Sunglasses, cap
- Light Jacket (woolen).
- Personal medicines if required.
- Rain Poncho or umbrella.
- Backpack with Rain Cover.
- Floaters or Sandals.
- Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants.
- Two pairs of socks.
- One Heavy Jacket
- Light towel.
- Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+) recommended
- Water Bottle 1 Lt.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek
You can either transfer the same trek to any of your friends/family or get a voucher for the same amount and register for any of our treks in future (validity 1 year) Or Get a refund of 90 %
(If the trek amount varies, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek
You can either choose to go for any other trek or other batches for the same trek depending on availability Or Get a refund of 75%
Cancellation between 15 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
You can choose to go on the same trek with other batches in the same season Or Get a refund of 50%
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
You can transfer your trek to your friend/family (same trek) No cash refund.
- In the case of transferring a trek to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements by Adventurescape.
- Change of batches depends on the availability in the trek.
- Adventurescape holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- You can cancel your trek by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and subsequently calling at +919650520030 to confirm.
Why Book with us?
Our staff includes Mountaineering qualified trek leaders, local guides with in depth knowledge of routes and the ability to act appropriately in case of emergencies.
We provide all the services with quality at a very competitive price
Small groups mean more focus on individuals and better arrangements so that you can have a great trekking experience.
The food provided will be wholesome and of good quality during the trek.
With smaller groups we can focus on individuals and make your trek more memorable.
Our team is trained to keep you safe during the trek and evacuate in times of natural calamities.